BICSI, the association advancing the information and communications technology (ICT) community, releases the latest update to its ICT Cabling Installation Program.
The goal of the Program is to produce highly competent cabling installers, providing a career path consisting of four progressive courses and credentialing exams. This approach allows students to begin with basic fundamentals and build upon that knowledge.
• A complete suite of instructor-led installation classes, accommodating entry-level to expert-level experience:
• Installer 1 (INST1) Non-Renewable Certificate
• Installer 2, Copper (INSTC)
• Installer 2, Optical Fiber (INSTF)
• Technician (TECH)
• New and highly comprehensive training format, including talking points and discussion topics.
• Learn to conduct site surveys and install, terminate, and test copper and optical fiber cable to the highest level of specification.
• Each course offers four-and-a-half days of intensive cabling installation training, followed by a hands-on and multiple choice credential exam.
• Developed by experts in the field and from information found in BICSI’s award-winning Information Technology Systems Installation Methods Manual (ITSIMM), 7th edition.
“With our newly revised ICT Cabling Installation Program, BICSI is on the cutting edge of training for cabling installers and technicians. Individuals taking BICSI Installation courses can be certain they will be learning the most advanced techniques in the industry, as well as the latest codes, standards and best practices,” said BICSI President Brian Ensign, RCDD, NTS, OSP, RTPM, CSI. “This program is the product of hundreds of hours of development, testing, knowledge sharing and preparation from a very dedicated group of volunteers and staff members. I would like to sincerely thank them for all of their efforts in making this program the best yet.”
Courses are currently scheduled around the United States, including Georgia, Ohio, Tennessee, Maryland, Washington, Oregon, and at BICSI’s World Headquarters in Florida. New locations are constantly being added.
Complete information about BICSI’s ICT Cabling Installation Program can be found at bicsi.org/installation
BICSI is a professional association advancing the information and communications technology (ICT) community. ICT covers the spectrum of voice, data, electronic safety & security, project management and audio & video technologies. It encompasses the design, integration and installation of pathways, spaces, optical fiber- and copper-based distribution systems, wireless-based systems and infrastructure that supports the transportation of information and associated signaling between and among communications and information gathering devices. Headquartered in Tampa, Florida, USA, BICSI membership spans nearly 100 countries